Line magnetic 812 iconic

I have never owned horn speakers and valves .
i hear the magic of horns combined with valves cannot be reproduced by solid state with conventional speakers .
I am thinking of building a horn , valve system based around a line magnetic 812 iconic ...I am very much seduced( lack of a better word) by the history behind the 1930 western electric technology as much as the sound . 
i heard the auditorium 23 cinema hommage ( much more expensive) but drivers by line magnetic and I found them very easy to listen to and I liked their sound. 
i would like to hear from others in this forum who have experience with the recreation of old western Electric technology.
thanks in advance 
newtoncr
You are definitely on the right path thinking horns and tubes. (If my recent experience is anything to go by) I too was intrigued by Line Magnetic's story. Almost pulled trigger but heat of units and future service concerned me. I looked hard at PrimaLuna, Vincent hybrids, Italian kits, Leben from Japan, but then read some reviews about Raven Audio in Texas. Texas? Not very glamorous. Yes, I am swayed by things like country of origin. Raven's Nighthawk was only $3000 and had solid return option so....the rest is history. I tried one with my big beautiful Klipsch Lascala's and WOW WOW.....Only 20 watts per but definitely out performs my last kit which boasted 175 RMS! (Don't understand why or how)  Tubes and Klipsch horns are clear, realistic, loud, holographic, huge sound stage, all around stunning ....my two cents worth...