Life after DarTZeel

I would like to hear from ppl who have had and SOLD DarTZeel amp.

I'm asking ppl who have already sold this amp, since very often, when we still have the stuff, we either do not want to admit its shortcomings, or just don't hear them. It is only after buying sth new, we discover what part of the performance could have been improved upon.

So what was your next amp ?
What qualities your next amp exhibits that DarT lacks ?
128x128elberoth2

Showing 2 responses by grr6001

This thread is just another example of how subjective this hobby is.

Equipment synergy is so important when putting together a system. Many people loose site of this.

Mike's response was excellent in stressing this.

Mtdking feels Levinson & Bryston were superior to the darTZeel.

I do respect his statement, as I don't know his speakers, room & associated equipment.

I have owned many Levinson & Bryston products. I like them both very much, & still use them both in other systems.

I have done direct comparisons with both compared to the darTZeel.

Levinson 33H's were used in my same room after I purchased the darTZeel combo, to do a comparison.

The dart was new & the 33H's were fully broken in.

As much as I love the 33H it does not stand a chance against the dart, they are not in the same league.

The darTZeel was clearly the better amp. Much more open & transparent. More musical with with a touch of warmth as in tubes.

A natural presentation that is very pleasing & non fatiguing. Bass control is a non issue as well. I love the bass in the darTZeel.

As a result I sold my 33H's & never looked back.

Mike, ditto for looking at pretty women !!!!! ( been married for the same women 30 yrs. ) I don't know how she put up with me for so long.
Mtdking,
You bring up some very good points >
Service is a very high priority for me as well.
After going through the Levinson camp of service a few times in the 20+ years I have dealt with them. Personally I will never purchase a product from them again unless they revert back to the way things were run when they were Madrigal. I don't even care to type that much to explain.
Bryston , on the other hand, they are to be commended for their excellent service record. A++++

In this state of our hobby / service will be a major factor in gaining a share of the market, as well as quality.

As for buying US based products. I love to support US made products BUT lets face it , it's a world market in most everything we buy now & will continue to be. The strongest & best products will survive. Many US based companies have much of their manufacturing of products made overseas anyway. I lost a job 25 years ago to outsourcing. I understood what the Co. was doing to make itself stronger in the world market. I wasn't mad, I moved on, but I changed my perspective on how I buy what I need & want.

As for the darTZeel service for that matter? I for one am very pleased. From the owner down to the distributer, nothing less than professionalism on the highest level.

I'm looking forward to the new mono's from darTZeel. They will solve some of the problems with the efficiency of many a speaker & will open new venues for them.