LEXICON MC-1 VERSUS MERIDIAN 861

I am currently researching purchasing a meridian 861 or a LEXICON MC-1 for high end 2 channel system AND home theatre. Which one would you recommend and WHY ? Thanks in advance.
barritone

Showing 5 responses by barritone

Oops, forgot to add, if theres another you think more favorably in the same price point, I am open- but preference is geared toward high audio (second, home theatre) but both are important.
Forgive me folks, too much sleep today, the message SHOULD READ LEXICON MC-1 VERSUS MERIDIAN 581 (not 861).
Forgive me folks, too much sleep today, the message SHOULD READ LEXICON MC-1 VERSUS MERIDIAN 581 (not 861).
Thanks for your responses so far guys, throwing a NEW unit in the Mix- HAS ANYONE HEARD OF THE OVATION ? I forget who makes it. It is a sleek looking silvery unit and supposedly upgradable. I have decidedly placed LEXICON on the bookshelf with my unwanted books. Heard today that Meridian offers a much warmer sound than Lexicon. Never heard of rhw CAL, Bulldogger, but I will look into it. Anyone heard of OVATION ?
is it over the top to get a separate pre-amp for the 2 channel audio and then get a separate digital processor when using home theatre. This way, you do not have to compromise on the audio side when purchasing the right pre-amp (for an audio research DC-300). Then, also, one can focus on the technology when looking into the processor.