Lexicon MC-1; DC-1 Power supplies

Has anyone else had a power supply die in their Lexicon MC-1, or DC-1 or 2?

It's happened to me twice now. They use what appears to me to be a pretty cheap switching power supply. Lexicon won't service these units for less than $600 (though for that they do a complete refurb). I had my DC-1 repaired a couple of years ago by local reputable shop and it cost $200.

I love the units for home theater. They sound great and are very user friendly for setup and control, but wonder about the reliability.

Am I just unlucky?
bdgregory
It’s a known problem, and a case of basically rape by Lexicon.  This is a $45 supply - not hudreds of $$$.  It's basically Lexicon telling their user base that they feel that you need to spend more money, and want to coerce you to buy a new unit instead of a trivial repair . . . .

I have refitted power supplies in three DC-2’s, and every one ran as well as the day it was built, with no further issues. It’s not like Lexicon used a custom supply - the supply in the DC-1, DC-2, and others is just an off the shelf part (and not a particularly good one at that) and as long as the voltages, amperages, and pinouts match, the number of candidates out there available are multiple. Myself, I have not used the NFS40-7 listed above, but rather the Artsyn LPT-45 https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/826-LPT45 As noted, I have done several, the oldest being probably close to 8 years, and never a burp. If it takes you more than 10 minutes to do a supply replacement in one of these, you are doing it wrong! 5 screws for the cover, 4 screws and one nut for the supply, and two connectors, and done!

Oh, and bought two of my DC-2’s cheap (last for $29, looks like new) since this is such a common problem, the risk of buying these dead is not very high . . . and, as noted, they still sound great!
Finding one with a working remote, however, isn’t as easy . . .
Post removed 
Hi there. Have a dead MC 8 here. 
Anyone know if there is a fuse?
Maybe on the ps board which I cant see unless removed which apparently needs an angular Philip's which I do not have.
Thank you.
What did you find on your MC-8? I'm looking for a Power Supply for mine, the symptoms are different than yours, it continually goes into diagnostic mode, so it must be thinking it is being powered on over and over. 
Easy to replace, I just have to find one, no luck so far.