Lexicon DC-1 or Theta Casa Nova

I am currently using a Lexicon DC-1 with 24 BIT DACs in my system and for HT this is excellent, my problem is in the 2 channel audio mode. I do not feel like the Lexicon does a very good job in this area. I am considering the Theta Casa Nova to replace the Lexicon, possibly the Casablanca if I can find used/reasonable$. Has anyone A/B'd these 2, Lexicon/Theta, I am trying to figure out if going to Theta will improve my 2 channel listening. Thanks in advance.
goose89
Sorry sfbaydude, your right. I just get tired of people laughing at others system choices. I am sure you meant no harm so I apoogize. Please accept.
Kgb540: Accepted. I actually like the look of the OLD Mac equipment. Chromed with the tube glow... nice. I had a room mate while an undergrad at UCSD with an all Mac system that he got when he served in Nam. I did like the sound. I've just been in a different audio place for many years (decades?). I do have a preference in Mac... the computer variety.
AGA: Please let me know when you finally decide to do something on the two channel front and if you go the direction SFBAYDUDE and I were talking about. I'll eventually likely do something similar. In particular, I'd like to think about auditioning a tube preamp with a unity gain feature--if such an animal exists--for an analog source. SFBAYDUDE: thanks for the forum reference. I'll check it out.
I, too, would like to hear recommendations on what level of outboard DAC it would take to sound significantly better than the MC-1 fed by a digital source. On most pre/pros every input is converted to digital and then back to analog, so you're listening to the pre/pro DACs ultimately anyway. There are notable exceptions, such as the Proceed AVP, but even the Krell HTS converts all analog to digital. And, IMO, the MC-1 fed by a decent transport through good amplification and speakers sounds pretty darn good. I'm quite sure it's possible to get significantly better sound, but I have always assumed that it would require the 2-channel preamp with HT pass through route to avoid the digitizing of the signal and reap the benefits of a better DAC. Indeed, that's the route I have on the radar for some future point, but it's obviously an expensive route. I just have a hard time believing that switching between similarly priced pre/pros that put everything through ADC / DAC routes is going to have profound impact on the sound quality. FWIW - I agree with those who have stated the clear superiority of the MC-1 to the DC-1 - I upgraded from one to the other and it is definitely at another level to be listening to the MC-1. In my mind, the MC-1 offers incredible ease of use, equal to the best HT sound, and very respectable two-channel sound. Lexicon also has a history of aggressive trade-in policies, which is a big plus with all the effects of Moore's Law around us.
i'am a bit late but i just fixed the problem if your still out there here it goes.i connected the main outputs of the lexicon to the aux inputs of a sonic frontiers line 1 preamp i just got .for stereo the units go to the sf and for ht they go to the lex when in stereo everything goes like a regular stereo rig when for ht the sf is tuned to the aux input and the volume to 12 o'clock then the lex drives the main volume control.best of both worlds.now only money is at issue in regards to upgrades.good luck