Levinson 383 integrated vs Moon i-7 integrated

I'm looking at buying a good integrated.
I've heard the Moon i-7 and the BAT VK300x.
A friend of mine said to look at a used Levinson 383 integrated.
My speakers are Verity "Fidelios", Harmonic Tech's "Magic One" XLR interconnects.
Any feedback will help.
Thanks.Sally
sallycaine
I second the Moon gear and feel that you will not be disappointed with it's power and grace.I have listened to 2W-5 LE's using both stats ML's and Avalons 2ways.The soun d is awesome and I feel that the new stuff maybe even better!!Hope this helps Dennis
Can't add much but I am a lover of integrateds and owned many. I have heard one Levinson setup and I was not impressed. Additionally, I've seen little if any good write ups on the 383. It's a beauty though, but as they say, beauty's only skin deep.
Thanks for all your feedback.
Another audiophile friend said to look at the Jeff Rowland integrated "Concerto". It's rated at 250w into 8 ohms.
Has anyone ever owned this piece? It only weighs 26 lbs..while other integrateds are at 50-80 lbs.
Thanks.Sally
Sallycaine,
I am with you totally on the lack of substance in the Rowland design.The Sim on the other hand is a substantial 70lbs plus and boasts one of the most refined circuits called the Lynx, as well as a plitron based chassis.The Sim does need very good power source and is best suited to upper level cables ( preferably balanced).If you want to own a really high quality piece then this maybe the one for you.Hope this helps Dennis
have heard the Concentra (not the Concerto) and while it has beautiful tone, unmatched in my experience in SS integrateds, was a little thick in the upper bass and not especially extended or open up top.