Levinson 326S Volume Knob Loose

I just purchased a used 326S preamp and noticed that the knobs for input select and volume are loose and can be easily pulled off. It was cold when it was delivered so I thought when it warmed up it would be better which it did help a little bit, input select is now snug, but the volume knob is still pretty loose enough to slip on the main axle. I also noticed that the brass axle drum is shallower for the volume than for the input select, is this normal? 

Anyone else experience this?
Thanks 

agbrace

Showing 3 responses by ellajeanelle

agbrace OP: I know what you mean.  I like to fix things properly myself. Maybe the spring-loaded bearing is seized?  Lubricate? There is always epoxy (but permanent) or while plumber's tape.  Better option than electrical tape.

Personally, I would see if the entire pod is available and I would install a new one.  Can't be much more difficult than some patience, some screws, desoldering and soldering.

Have you considered changing the knobs with ones that have a set screw?

Is the head of the shaft designed with a slit?  If so, you may be able to spread it out carefully to a larger diameter so that the knobs fit tighter.