Levinson 20.5 monos - Time for a Refurb?

I bought my Mark Levinson 20.5 pure class A mono blocks new in 1990. I loved them for their sound and still do. They have been 100% reliable and I have never had them back to the Levinson or my dealer for anything.

However, they are 16 years old now and except for my Magnum Dynalab tuner, they are the only thing I have not replaced in my system.

Being pure class A amps they run pretty hot.

Question is, is it time I should consider having them checked out, refurbished, capacitors and the like replaced, etc?

If so, who should I consider for this work? Levinson? They are not what they used to be when they designed and made these amps, and I'm not sure they are up to the same quality work they did back then or whether I should trust that their parts will be as good as the original. Someone else? But who?

Has anyone been through this or does anyone have any thoughts about this they can share with me?
Ag insider logo xs@2xcipherjuris
Here's my update. I talked with ML via Harmon. As expected the phone tech (Jaime) said that if they are 16 years old and have never been serviced, they should definitely come in for inspection and maintenance. He said they recommend that you send them in about every 10 years.

There is a Guaranteed Maximum Price of $1,140 per amp or $2,280 for the pair. If the actual work is less, then they will charge less but if it is more you will still pay only $2,280.

All he needed to issue me an RMA# in addition to my name, address, etc. was the SN of the amps.

Best,

Ed

I have a ML#27.5 which has gotten alot of use and also
is left on 24/7. I just started noticing a slight buzz
from the left channel tweeter along with occasional
static/crackle. Kinda like AM radio during a thunder
storm. Obviously not that loud, I need to get close
to the speaker to hear it. It can be heard from my
listening postion during very quiet times. Is this the
sign of a cap going bad?

After shutting down the pre-amp, the noise continues.
I guess that eliminates upstream components. I'm hoping
not to go through yet another repair cycle.
Cipherjuris, that is alot of money. Have you considered putting the money towards new mono blocks/ different technology, maybe the Nuforce 9s or are you determined to refurbish the Levinsons? If you are, thats excellent as well. An example only, I took a car one time in for a tuneup and the dealer told me I needed an engine rebuild. Turned out to be a loose spark plug after I checked myself.
Joe, you might want to check/clean/replace the 2 fuses on your amp first. They are sometimes a source of noise after many years -- not really bad, but dirty or marginal. Ditto your signal connections (at both ends.)