Length- Speaker wire/interconnect ?s

Hi all. Is it better to sacrifice interconnect length or speaker wire length when setting up a system and why? Now I have 1m interconnects but am looking for good 20 ft biwire speaker cable. Would it be better to get longer interconnects and look for shorter cables or the other way around? Thanks again for all your responses... Baz
bazmataz
Thanks all, I'm getting the sense that shorter speaker wire is most desirable. But when we talk about interconnects, I guess all I really need to lengthen is the connect from my preamp to my amp. Everything else can stay close to the preamp. For now, that's seven cables - one for each channel from my lex dc-2 to my two krell amps - kav250a and kav500. Does that sound right to everyone? Then I can shorten at least my main speaker lines, although the other 5 channels - CC, LR Fronts, LR rears - need to stay as they are to reach the speakers. Thanks again all -!
Actually RF and EMI can and do have impact on audio components. Human hearing may be limited to 20k...but your pre-amp, power amp, and the audio sections of cd players, tape decks, etc. are not as limited as human hearing..and if RF is introduced in any part of the audio chain..components can be affected as they either expend efforts to amplify/pass along these higher freq's...or worse intermodulate them with the audio signal. So, the problem with RF is not a wire problem..it is a system wide problem that wires can add to...and while it is true that humans cannot hear RF...and other airborne noise....RF can interfere, in very negative ways, with the audio range that we can hear. All of the powerline devices, internal shielding in components, power supply filtering, wire shielding...etc. is based on this..it has never been that we can hear RF, it is simply that RF, in the audio amplification and wiring chain, can and does cause problems for the frequency range we can hear.
Just to set the record straight I didn't say that RF and EMI wouldn't effect audio but that shielding cables has no effect below 100K