Lateral Bi Wire

Can all amplifiers be lateral bi wired? I saw a Tenor amp wired to a speaker in a lateral bi wire and couldn t believe it. New to me.. anyone else?(R+ cable to R amp + ) .(R- cable to L amp -.) ( L+ cable to L amp + ) . ( L- cable to R amp - ). Can t add the pic to be obvious what im talking about.  Posi+ive-feedback. Issue 64. Nov. Dec. 2012.
derrickengineer
I looked at the article, and its references to "L" and "R" are misleading. The amps are monoblocks, each of which of course is connected to just one speaker. Each amp has two pairs of output terminals, which are paralleled (i.e., the two + terminals are connected together within the amp, and the two - terminals are connected together within the amp). "L" and "R" apparently just refer to the physical position of those terminals on the rear of the amp, not to the left and right channels. Since the terminals are paralleled it won’t make much if any difference which terminal is used for which wire, assuming + and - polarities are handled correctly.

Regards,
-- Al

It looked to me that the wires to amp were out of phase and yes the one speaker per mono block was bi wired at the speaker side, amp speaker cable hook up was something ive never seen before.  must work. Thanks Al.
You're welcome, Derrick.  For the benefit of others who may read this thread, here is a link to the photo in the article which shows the connections to the internally paralleled output terminals of one of the monoblock amps.

Regards,
-- Al