LAST record preservative

I have noticed a slight reduction in highs after applying LAST record preservative. However, if I use Disc Doctor record cleaner after applying LAST preservative the highes seem to return to normal. Does the preservation effect if LAST still work if I use the Disc Doctor solution after the LAST solution has totally dried? I listen to my LP's daily and don't want them to wear out too fast if possible! All of my LP's are cleaned on a VPI 16.5 with Disc Doctor Miracle wash prior to play back or treatment with LAST preservative. Thanks for any advice, or feedback!
rick_hilton

Showing 2 responses by rodman99999

The first thing that occured to me was what Marty T posted. I've been using LAST since 1980, and never sensed a loss of anything but noise/grain(a parallel to Mofi's experience). My systems have always been very resolving, BTW. The creator of the Disc Doctor line obviously doesn't understand the difficulty of removing an agent that has molecularly bonded itself deep(relatively speaking) into the vinyl. If Disc Doctor COULD strip LAST from your vinyl: It WOULD also remove all the vinyl's elastomers. That would result in very brittle vinyl and irrepairable damage, every time the album was played afterward. YES- Use STYLAST as well(another excellent product).