laid back stereo power amp

Looking for a laid back "forgiving" stereo power amp to drive Maggie 1.7i s through a Van Alstine Transcendence 10 tube preamp. thanks.

Showing 8 responses by 6119

Great feedback. Thanks everyone. I am going to start researching your suggestions.
hi everyone. in case you missed my earlier post, i've ordered the Van Alstine vison set 400.was going to get the hybrid version but the man himself talked me out of it--said the solid state would work well with my V A tubed preamp. i read three reviews : TONE,AUDIO CIRCLE,and AUDIOPHILIA. all the key words were there. 30 day return. high hopes.we'll see.......Thanks to all.

2000.00  LIQUID,EUPHONIC MIDRANGE---SOME DIP OR DEPRESSION WHERE MASSED VIOLINS CAN GET NASTY. THANKS FOR ASKING.
 jackd : RIGHT! Talked to Frank V. today.Told him my story and that I was thinking about the 400hybrid. He talked me out of it, saying the SET 400 would do the job. For some crazy reason, I hadn't read any reviews of V.A.components other than my preamp. I read three reviews and, lo and behold,there were those words,"warmer","darker","rich midrange","smooth and liquid";"no glare, grain or edginess";"touch of warmth," harsh recordings......more enjoyable","tube like","forgiving". I ordered it. Thanks jjss49,tomic601 and jackd,and thanks to everyone else who cared enough to make the effort to help!
jjss49 : it is? never heard that before.....anyway only did it twice during this whole thread--cap lock just happened to be on....sorry