KT 170

I haven't tried the KT 150's yet, now this-
https://www.vivatubes.com/copy-of-new-tung-sol-kt150-vacuum-tube/
" With the success of the KT120 and KT150 they dialed things up yet again with the KT170 which has a plate dissipation of a whopping 85 watts! A pair of these badboys can put out 300 watts." That's a lot of juice!

Price isn't too shocking, comparing it to the KT 150.

PL owners, Buy them and report back. 
tablejockey

Showing 1 response by jacii

I have a Jolida 502A tube amplifier. I have had 6550, KT 88,  KT 120, KT 150 and now the KT 170. Prior to upgrading I would speak with Jared from Jolida, CEO of Black Ice Audio and each time he told me that my amp would be able to handle the upgrades. The KT 170 is a physically larger tube, not much room between tubes. They remind of me of a 300B tube. As to the sound, there is more of everything there, except noise. I find myself not using as much volume as I used to, there is deeper and more natural bass, a wider soundstage and a little cleaner in the highs. I have had them for about 4 months and no problems with the tubes. The other tubes are 12AX7-Mullard reissues and 12AT7 Mullards. I am happy with them. Prior to buying them, I would contact the manufacture of the amp to see if the amp can handle the tubes. I hope this helps some of you.