Krell KSA-200s First Time Use

Ok in experimenting with the KSA-200S for the first time, in plugging it in to the wall socket (not connected to speakers or anything else) it comes on for a few seconds, then shuts off. Any ideas as to what is going on? Is this normal?
professorjohnkercheval
Hi, You need a dedicated 10 awg electrical cable going from your inside breaker box to the receptical you are going to use, you need a 15 amp breaker, your amp is shutting off because you do not have the current to make it operate!, The receptical you have now is also sharring the power with other recepticals, most homes have daisy chained one receptical to the next!, also, you need to make sure you are useing a 20 amp receptical, your amp will starve for power other wise, never connect your krell to a power conditioner, the same will happen!, Hopefully, your amp is going thru a safty mode to protect its self because of under current and voltage, keep me posted, I will do what I can to help.
The Krell 200S is designed to be used with a 20amp circuit, but what you are describing is IMHO not attributed to using a 15amp supply. The 200S at idle, only consumes 150 watts, therefore, the 15amp current supply should not be starving the 200s. Something else is causing the amp to shut down. If you can try the amp with a 20amp circuit, that would confirm my suspicion.
@ BRf, Hi, Read the ops post above again, He tried to use the krell ksa with a standard lighting wireing, right now, the breaker 15 amp or 20 amp has nothing to do with it, The op needs to run a dedicated 10 awg electrical wire in attic from breaker to receptical being used with a hospital grade 20 amp receeptical, then he can install a 15 amp breaker or a 20 amp breaker, I really believe he needs a 15 amp breaker, LOL!, My amp is a krell 700cx running on 6 ohms speakers with a 20 amp breaker!, thats 1,050 watts a channel!, If a 20 amp breaker can run that, why in the world would he need a 20 amp breaker for such a low powered krell amp?, However, I am going to do a 30 amp breaker, just to run smoother and result with a few percent better sound, keep in mind thou, the my amp runs very good with the breaker I have,the op needs the 15 amp breaker to better protect his investment, a 20 amp breaker takes more to flip when something goes wrong, he does not have the power as I do, cheers.
Audiolabyrinth, the Krell KSA-200S manual states that the amp is designed to be used with a dedicated 20amp circuit. However, I believe that the OP’s problem is not attributed to him using a 15amp circuit due to the fact that the amp cannot even turn on at idle, plus the existing 15amp circuit does not trip. A 20amp supply is required for the amp to operate “optimally” under a difficult load requirement.

A 10g dedicated line with a hospital grade receptacle etc etc may improve on the sound, but is not the source of the OP’s problem.