Krell kav-400xi with show case dvd or dvd standad?

i just bought a Krell kav-400xi, i also ordered a pair of b&w cm1.
now i need a cd/dvd player.
1. krell showcase dvd about $850 used
2. krell dvd standard about $1500 used
which one should i take? i play 70% music (cd and ipod) and 30% movie.
thank for your input.
wef678
From your musical perspective, I'd go with the showcase. You could also get a bargain dvd player and select another front end for cd/ipod playback...they say the new cambridge cd player is a value. Rotel makes a budget cd player that sounds great as well. Take your time and explore your options. Maybe the sony dvp-n900es?..I think I got it right, would be the best of all since you get dvd/cd/sacd playback in one package for $900??
thank you for your info.
i want to make it krell, no other brand for this setup.
it should be ok for movie if go showcase dvd, but i want to know how it play CDs?
is showcase dvd is good cd player? will dvdstandard worth 2x price to make it a better cd player?
Hi W,

Well I don't have the standard yet.But Showcase works great for me.I don't even have it connected to TV, Home Theater yet.
Been strictly listenning to it through Krell 300i. Works great. I think it is the best combination if you pair Krell source with Krell amp and rememer use balance cable, not RCA. I've been complaining a lot about the weak bass response of the Proac R3, but after I got the Showcase,everything is taken care. Thanks...Ducchau.