Krell K-300i vs. other integrated amps under 10k

I am looking for an integrated amp to drive my home theater L and R channels (Focal in wall with beryllium tweeters) as well listening to HIfFi using aforementioned speakers and possibly other speakers that I own. (SF Elipsa, Diapason, Focal utopia)

Options include MAC 7200 and Krell K300i and Hegel 360. I’m leaning to Krell.

I haven’t seen many reviews on the Krell, aside from Stereophile.

I’m unclear if Krell is a true Class A vs. class AB. There are reported overheating issues with this model, and it is reportedly voiced warmer than a classic Krell.

I won’t be able to audition either before buying.

I would appreciate any information on these amps especially pairing them to Focal beryllium tweeters.

ei001h

Showing 2 responses by ei001h

@yyzsantabarbara 

How long did you keep your Krell K300i? 

Have you ever heard the classic krell Class A sound? 

I find it hard to believe their claim of 90W in pure class A without heat. I thought the whole point of class A is inefficiency which produced the best sound. 

Can anyone else compare above MAC7200  to Krell and Hegel

@rc22 thanks for encouraging words. I needed to hear that. 
how is the built in streamer and app? Have you tried to use that option ? Is there AirPlay ? Does the absence of the volume knob bother you ? How about the remote ? It seems bulky and not particularly user friendly. I have old Krell remotes from KRC-3 pre amp, I wonder if it would work. Do you keep the amp on indefinitely? My KRC-3 doesn’t even have a power button, it’s meant to be always on.