"Krell" is a buzzword

When I look at how the posts involving Krell deteriorate to the point of civil(actually not so civil) war, I have to say that "Krell" has become a buzzword. It seems as if you just have to mention the name, and the mobilization begins. Sooner or later the insults sink to the level that make the thread completely unrecognizable from the original question. I am more neutral than not on Krell(probably not many of us around). Used to dream about them in my bigger is better solid state days, but have since moved in other directions. Now I am a definite tubeophile, and don't even think about Krell. But, I don't say you cannot build a great system around their products. Just have to apply the right surrounding components. But don't you have to do that with many brands of amp? So, do you agree that Krell has become a buzzword, and why?
trelja
sedond: i can certainly understand a bmw site going down in flames. i, too, find many other bimmer owners insufferable. as for me: i bought my first, a '69 2002, the day our first son was born. cost $3800. i've owned 7 since then and have loved each for the fun they provide to driving, whether on the daily commute or a trip through our state's mountains (colo). that first son of ours, BTW, owns a 2000 beetle (which his wife drives on her short commute) AND an '89 bmw 528i. he also inherited from me a love for audio, purchasing this year his first accuphase (integrated) and avalons. i'm very proud to say, "like father, like son." (our 2d son is cool, too, but just starting up the management ladder at qwest, saving all his $$ for an engagement ring--hooray!!). best regards.
Was in Italy last year and drove the 156 Sportwagon. Gotta have one with the V-6 and a stick! GM, as you know, has a stake in the company and is rumored to be planning a stateside ALFA comeback within two years through Buick dealers. I heard the same thing from ALFA concessionaires in Milan and Rome. So the story goes, they would re-enter the market with a brand-new GTV and Spider, and follow immmediately with the 146, 147, 156 and 166. How much of this is bilge, is open to discussion. One of the last discussions I had with ALFA people in California (when the marque was fazing out US operations) concerned why ALFA was withdrawing from the states. The common answer seemed to be poor marketing and uneven supply, questionable reliability and parts availability, and some rather undesirable looking cars. The latest ALFA lineup suggests they would see some healthy sales stateside, assuming prices weren't out of sight. The GTV can be had in Europe with a Twinspark 2.0L for as little as $23K and goes up from there to around $32 for the V-6 w/6-speed, leather, etc., etc. The new 147 2-door hatch with the Twinspark and mods is a nasty package--a real Q-boat. In the meantime, our '63 Spider with the much-modded 2.0L, close-ratio Colotti, much uprated suspension and 4-wheel discs must suffice.
We can only hope that Fiat does it right and are prepared to commit to re-building Alfa over a number of years. I really hope they are in it for the long haul. There are a lot of misconceptions among the general public regarding our beloved marque, but I think there is enough pent up demand among Alfisti to get things off to a good start. Your Guilia sounds swell -- with the 2 liter and the disc brakes you have the best of both worlds. Happy Holidays.