KRELL FPB 400 CX

There are a couple of these beasts for sale between 3 and 4 grand. Would you "goners" consider this a good deal? The amp is like 15 plus years old but sold for 10 grand new and will drive ANYTHING. Krell said they will service it for 1500 bucks to bring it back to spec. So at 5 grand completely restored do you consider this amp still world class?
jeffvegas
The right answer depends on speakers you use. I' ve had a Krell Evo 302, together with SF Guarneri and at the time thought that anyone who has such or similar speakers, which are in demand for a  strong amp should try it. The amount you are talking about is not that much (in audiophile world) and I guess you can only buy something different, but not better, in that class (big ss amp). I would even say that even if you spend much more money you will come very close to the same result, soundwise. If you have some good tube preamp that match well with Krell, there is not much in that category that may sound much better. Of course, there are many choices,many different types of gear and sound that you or somebody else may prefer, but for hungry speakers whose caracter goes well with voice of Krell, that should be a fine choice today and for some future time as well.