Krell FPB 300cx enough to drive B&W Nautilus 801?

I'm about to purchase the Nautilus 801s, along with the Krell FPB 300cx amp. Would there be any significant improvement if I were to get the Krell 400cx instead? I emphasize the word significant, because price is a major issue. I know the 801s need power, so any opinions as to the sufficiency of the 300cx would be much appreciated. Thanks.
liszt458
Jtin,
I think what Steve and I are primarily talking about is quality of the power, not the quantity.

Richard
I agree with Drrdiamond on this. It was not my goal to simply have more power, and besides, the wattage output gain between the 400cx and 300cx is really insignificant when it comes to sound pressure levels. My goal was to see if there was truly a qualitative difference at the same SPLs I normally listen to (usually b/w 70 to 80 dB with digital meter at 10 ft). The 400cx made a qualitative difference. I wish I could provide feedback about this for speakers that are easier to drive, such as B&Ws, Meadowlarks, Dunlavys and Vandersteens.

Liszt458: please send us your impressions when you're settled in with the 400cx.
Again, thanks to everybody for taking the time. Very informative! I decided to go for the 400cx, and I expect to have everything in place within the next 10 days or so. I'll let you know how it sounds.
a 300 ids not enough power to for a pair of 801's. i know through experience. i owned a pair of 802 and started with a 300 and eventually moved up to a 600 and then upgraded to the 700. the 300 is a great amp, but not enough for a pair of 801's. good luck
I think the 300cx would be more than sufficient power to run the 801's. B&W's are fairly efficient, I have 802'S, same power requirement, and am running tube mono-blocks at 220w/channel. I am NOT lacking power, in fact I haven't turned turned the volume up past about 1/3rd. Unless you are driving music for a auditorium or concert hall the 300 would be fine.