Kondo audio Note MC Step up Transformer

I would like to get some information about this unit, Sound quality etc. I never listened to one of those expensive transformers, only to cheaper ones ( max. 1k$ ) and at the end of day I always went back to my regular Phono Stage ( Klyne 7 ) but probably there is additional info out there. I know, some like transformers, some avoid them whenever possible. I had some discussions with a few audiophiles and the result is like rolling a dice. Some say, it is a must, some own a few and sell them to go for a good phono stage ....
So I ask for the Kondo, because I think, that's the most expensive one out there, it is available for lots of years now and I think, it is quite successful. Or do the Japanese have a different kind of listening?
Info welcome.
Thank you.
thomasheisig
I went through the same motion with you...Not a bit impressed.. I ended up going back to my Klyne, one of the most neutral and dead silent phono section one can own .. Trust your ears..
I've used Kondo-sans step-ups for over 8 years now and would not listen without one in my system BUT it really is synergistic with a Kondo-san MM phono stage IMHO. Yes, it can be used with any other MM phono unit but to get the best out of the Kondo step-up hear one with a Kondo IO-j cartridge into an M7-Phono and your world will change forever.
There are other step-ups that you may consider and my be just as good or better.
DaVinci Audio makes one, but very expensive and allows impedance changes.
Shindo Labs makes one also, but they are intended for their SPU's.
Also Auditorium 23 makes several that are good.
If you can find an Expressive Technologies SU-1, it is very good.
I will be listening to many of these this coming weekend.

Some step-ups are a try and see basis if it sounds good with you cart as some are voiced to sound a certain way with some carts.

Paul