Klipsch Speakers

I have a pair of Klipsch Forte IVs, they are bright will a tube amp really help? 

silverfoxvtx1800

Showing 1 response by markw1951

Just looked at the crossovers in my original Forte's and the components are wired directly to the terminals.  There are no metal strips.  I seemed to remember that from when I installed new caps several years ago but had to look again.  

Nothing new here but a brightness problem depends much on the recording where the highs were likely boosted for better sound from a boom box.  

Nothing expensive in this room.  A Bellari tube preamp at the listening position into long homemade cables to a Dayton Audio APA-150, which is just like the Emotiva look alike.  It sits between the speakers so speaker cables are short which I think sounds better.  

Its a cheap amp with the big power transformer which is crucial for decent class a/b sound.  I don't want to spend more money but I don't begrudge those who do. 

Got the speakers for $500 from CL.  Doesn't have to be a super expensive hobby for enjoyable sound.  

I do like the way the Forte's sound at low levels, which is how I listen.  Should also mention that I have high frequency hearing loss as an old guy but that means nothing sounds too bright.  Like having an equalizer in your head.