Klipsch Heresy IV

This seems to just have been released. Anyone heard it? Also looks like they raised the price by a grand. Curious how it compares to the Forte 3 and older Heresy 3. 
mofojo

Showing 2 responses by jacques1960

I had the opportunity to listen to both the Heresy IV and Forte III yesterday, putting both through their respective paces with a playlist of Al DiMeola, Rob Wasserman, Alison Krauss, aria from La Wally, Japanese Drums, Don Shirley, Ron Carter, Brad Mehldau and Sade; short of teeing up Zeppelin, it was a diverse playlist. Frankly, I was disappointed by the Fortes in comparison - the Forte midrange was not as supportive of vocals as that of the Heresy. Bass on the Heresy, located 2 feet from the back wall, was absolutely superb; every pluck of Wasserman and Carter's fingers was perfectly rendered - very fast action ( thanks to the porting ?). I purchased a pair of the Heresy IVs but must forewarn all that these speakers require both the highest quality source material and well-matched components; your average bluetooth streaming service will leave you disappointed on some tracks. Now, where's that Joe Satriani ?!?
Absolutely. In response to Mofojo’s post, I have to say, “Yes”. The port seems to offer faster response vs. a passive radiator. The “mumps” added to the Forte midrange horn seem to be an attempted solution to a problem which the Heresy does not have. Set about 2’ from the rear wall, toed in slightly, and seated about 12’ back - “Holy crap, Batman !”. The Heresy IV created a three-dimensional, immersive experience. I originally wanted a pair of Harbeths, but opted for Klipsch Heritage due to their legendary efficiency and much better price point. I was not expecting finesse, but it is absolutely there. Pricing was $2,650 for the pair and an excellent fit within a $10,000 “starter- plus” system including: 
- Deep Core / Furman power,
- Rega P6 with Ania MC cart and Aria stage,
- Primaluna Prologue Classic Integrated,
- Bluesound Node 2i,
If I upgrade in the future, I would likely give the Klipsch speakers to an adult child - true heritage quality and sound. From a middle-aged former rocker, these are decidedly not my old Cerwin Vegas 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻