Killer used integrated for

Setting up a basement system and looking to replace older Marantz surround receiver with something more for 2 channel for under $500. Was looking for a Audio Refinement Complete but none for sale. Any others I should be considering? No phono needed.
mcondo

Showing 4 responses by mcondo

OP here, went with the open box Marantz pm6006. Price was great, easy breezy purchase from Music Direct. Received in 1 day. We'll see how it performs in my second system which uses my vintage ADS L710's (for now) and Sony BluRay/CD/Sacd player.. Thanks to all who shared their opinions. 
Thanks, time for some break in. Search for some ProAc D-2's or Tablette 10 continues. 
hshifi, I've been to Holm - thanks for the reminder. My son has a Rega Brio 2000 that he is happy with, I'll take look at their lines.

OP here. Wow, great suggestions. To clarify a couple issues: using the word "killer" was only meant to identify amps that perform well above their price point. I know performance will not be the same as the big rig upstairs. Second, speakers will be ProAc monitors, not quite sure which model but along the lines of the D2 or Tablette 10. 
Looks like i need to do a lot of research/shopping.