KEF Reference 3 or Raidho X2?

KEF Reference 3 or Raidho X2?
Which one you would buy?
cclee2022

Showing 5 responses by cclee2022

The system I have: audio research Ref 6 as pre-am; integrated tube KT88 power am. The demo of Raidho X2 used an integrated amplifier. The demo of KEF Ref 3 used two separate power amplifier. Both sound great to me but I am not sure if my system can support KEF Ref 3 which is 3-way. And not sure how the tweeter of X2 compare with that of Ref 3 in terms of durability (sealed ribbon tweeter vs Uni-Q). Really would like to learn more from audiophiles like this group.
Vandantaudio, Thanks so much for the comparison. Please advise if it is common for the seal ribbon tweeter of Raidho to wear out and become sagged. Though the sound is still good, would it get worsened soon. What is the cost of getting a new ribbon? Is it worthwhile to replace it?
Thanks again!
@verdantaudio, thanks for your valuable info again.Would you please advise if there is a real difference btw Raidho X2 vs XT2. Is it worth the extra money to get a XT2?
I have auditioned both X2 and XT2 but in different studios with different gears so it is difficult to hear their differences. 
Looking forward to hearing from you.
@verdantaudio, highly appreciate your professional advice.
the gears I have as follow:

Power AM: Audio Space AS 6i with electro-harmonic KT88 EH tube x 4; National 6SN7 tube x 2; Sovtek 6SC7 tube x 2.

DAC: Marantz SA 10

Cable is from USA recommended by Audio Space which is a manufacturer and wholesaler of vacuum tube amplifier based in Hong Kong.

Wonder if the above would be able to support XT2 to bring out the details? Or, would it be better to settle with X2?

Hope to hear from you again.

Learnt a lot from this discussion. Thanks so much.