KEF Reference 3

Hi to all.

I own Q acoustics concept 500 which are exceptional speakers for the price. No complaints at all and I feel they sound better from some  little costlier speakers I’ve heard.

I just had a good offer for Kef reference 3 and I think of it...I listened to KEF with a Macintosh .Very detailed and analytical , huge soundstage (the bigger soundstage I’ve heard in speaker until now) but less warm than Q acoustics and maybe a little dry compared to them. Maybe I am accustomed to concepts.

The problem is that I heard them in a different place with different amplifier and CD player so I cannot make certain conclusions.

Have anyone heard both to make a comparison? Do they worth the money? I can buy them for only 4.500 euros and they’ve been used a few months.

Forgot to say that I pair my speakers with Marantz pm ki ruby/sa ki ruby.

Thank you.
itzikia
Exactly. These are pretty accurate speakers and this sounded weird in my ears.

I am accustomed to the rich and little warm character of concepts but still with much detail and information and 3D soundstage.

But KEF's soundstage and depth was exceptional better than concepts like there were no speakers in the room and sound filled the room from all directions.

But the room was different to my home's space and the amplifier costs 2-3 times the Marantz. (Macintosh ma9000).

I have to hear them again for sure to reach to safe conclusions.
A friend of mine owns them less than half year. But also owns much more expensive gear and sells them to me to a very attractive price. Yes I'll try to hear them again.