KEF R3 or Totem Signature One

Hi folks,

Looking to purchase bookshelf speakers for a smaller room and have narrowed it down to the KEF R3 and the Totem Signature One as I can get a pretty decent deal on both. I'm very familiar with Totem as I've owned the Hawk (twice) and Forest. What can I expect from the R3? Looking specifically at bookshelf speakers and powering with an Arcam SA20 integrated. Room is 12X15 with 10' ceilings. Will either or both of these over pressurize the room? Thanks in advance for any advice.
128x128griff_873
I've had both Totem and KEF bookshelves (not the same models as you mention however). I would agree with mapman, you can't go wrong with either.
I’ve heard Arcam is a pretty good match for both and it sounds great with my current Hawks and they like power. Moving to a much smaller room my young children don’t frequent. Hawk over pressurized it.
Hi all. Thought I'd chime in on this. I have Totem Sky's in a little bit larger room (18 x 21) but lower 8' ceilings. Running an NAD T-758 to the Sky's, a Totem Tribe In-wall for my center, REL sub, and NHT in-walls for rear/surround. For music I'm streaming (Qobuz, Amazon Music, Radio Paradise and whatever CD's I've ripped onto my Vault). The Totems are on 'floating' shelves. So far, I've found the Totems to have the most open and natural sound I've heard. I probably don't play them loud enough to 'over pressurize' the room though. I would just suggest that if the Signature Ones are even better performers than the Skys, I can't imagine you not being satisfied with their performance. Wondering what effect you would be hearing if they were over pressurizing the room? 
The Hawks I had have really boomy bass in that space hence I'm going with bookshelf speakers. I'd like to move everything into one of two other spaces but they are both areas my children frequent/play in and my daughter is a little too curious. They never go into our office so I should be ok there.