KEF Blade or Giya Kaya 90/G4?

Has anyone heard the new Giya Kaya or the other two speakers mentioned?  They are competitively priced.  I sense they offer much of the same sound parameters, open, uncolored sound with a large soundstage.  Hopefully, they also offer dense, full-bodied musically interesting mids and quick/deep bass.  Are they close to SOTA (the Giya 4 is supposed to be a smaller sounding version of the Giya 1 per critics) other than in dynamics?  Can they be successfully driven by Class A/B tube amps of 70 to 125 watts?  Does the vonSchweikert VR55 Aktive offer more at double the price?  
fleschler

Showing 1 response by marcel073

Hi all,

New to the forum; just registered.

I am also looking at purchasing the KEF Blade Two.

A few weeks ago I attended a hifi event in Germany where I heard Vivid's Kaya 45 on Mola-Mola Kaluga monoblocks and a M-M Tambaqui DAC.

I was heavily impressed with their sound. The company that did the demo was the distributor for Vivid and Mola-Mola in the Netherlands (the country I live in). One of the NL dealers of this gear also happens to sell KEF, so for sure in the future I will visit them for an A/B comparison of the Kaya 45 and Blade Two.

That said, at the same German event I was blown away by a pair of speakers designed and manufactured in Switzerland by Sven Boenicke. His speakers are carved out of natural wood! Quite obviously they are less easily available (they have distribution in the US). Perhaps you guys can check out Boenicke's W8 or W11 in relation to the KEF Blade Two and Vivid Kaya 45 comparison.

Cheers,
Marcel