Kappa 9. Parasound HCA-3500 WILL NOT power them

I purchased a pair of Infinity Kappa 9's a few weeks ago. I had the Infinity RS3A's and decided to sell them and upgrade to the Kappa's. I first hooked them to one of my Denon POA-2400 200wpc amps. Not enough power. So posted this problem on here and after some research I decided on the Parasound HCA-3500 350wpc dual mono amp. So I bought one from a real nice guy here on audiogon. I hooked it up last night and this thing won't power them! The amp gets real hot fast. It clips when turned up and the speakers sound like crap. We hooked up a pair of Infinity SM-152's to a Denon POA-1500 150wpc amp next to all this and it sounds better! Also, I think I blew one of the soft poly mid-ranges. The yellowish white rubber on the mids turned clear around the outter edges after listening to moderatly loud music. I'm really frusterated. Three thousand dollars later my stereo sounds way worse and I can't turn it up as loud as I used to. Does anyone have any advise? Could there be a short in the speakers? Why did my midrange blow? What amp should I buy now?
400bill
I did not cross or touch any wires together. Asked for amp advice a few weeks ago when I purchased the Kappa 9's and my Denon POA-2400 wouldn't power them. I decided on the Parasound HCA-3500. The amp came in Thursday via UPS. I thought everything was going to be great. I hooked everything up Saturday and all this happened. I'm asking more than one question at a time because more than one bad thing happened Saturday. The drivers seem fine, but there is no sound comming from the soft polydome mids and they did have sound at first. I've already seen that Orange Co Speaker has replacements, but I don't want to replace anything until I get this worked out. I ask amp questions because so many say that it takes a monster amp to power these. I do think that the 85 Parasound is a monster. I'm just trying to find out if it's monsterous enough.
It's not the amp. There is something wrong with the speakers. Even if the Kappas drop down to 1 ohm occasionally you should not be having these problems. Was something in the speakers damaged??? That's the place to look, not the amp...

O

o

I have a pair of Kappa 8's and use a Citation 7.1 amp bridged to drive them it has 130 peak amps of current.
Check the bass current limit switch on the right of the Xover, set switch to normal. I have cranked mine up loud enough that I don't need a Subwoofer.
Kappa 9's dual 12's can draw a lot of current, the Mid Bass Coupler driver is very delicate and have heard of many people blowing them by trying to overpower the woofers, the best way to drive them is get a high current amp to drive the woofers and a good amp to drive the mids and highs.
Find a pair of Carver Silver 9t monoblocs....they can be had for about $1500. They will drive the Kappa 9's with no problem. The Sunfire Signature stereo amp ($1500 used) will drive them also.

For an even more stunning sound, biamp them with four Silver 9t's or two Sunfire Signature amps.

I have four pair of Kappa 9's. Truly an undervalued speaker. They will wow you if given the right electronics.