Just received my new Dynaudio Contour 60i in walnut

Folks, just reporting in that out of the box these are just stellar, and I imagine they will only get better. Wonderful mids, smooth tweeters and gripping bass. Clarity is amazing. As an aside, I had doubts whether my little Naim SN3 could adequately drives these beasts, but I am very pleasantly surprised; the SN3 is punching well above its fighting weight! I am happy to field questions as I know several members have the big new Dyns on order or are considering them. Happy listening amigos.
jrbirdman333

Showing 6 responses by jrbirdman333

@ mournbladeiv

I think you'll like the dyns. Not sure how they'll compare to the others listed. I love mine. You've got plenty of anp to drive them properly too. 

Re sounds. Full-bodied, rich but detailed as well. Big sound stage. Bass is not overbearing even though it has big bass drivers. I drive them with a Lux 509x. Your Michi unit has more power. I'm sure the big Dyns would kick butt with your gear. I was able to compare them to Focal Sopra 2s, and I preferred the Dyn sound. Others may differ. I like the soft dome tweeter. Non fatiguing! I'm sure the SF will be stellar too as would Revels. I haven't heard them so I cannot comment. I might also mention that I got to hear a set of Confidence 30s. Those were terrific as well, but I thought the 60i more than held their own.

I am in Arizona fyi. The sound is more 3D and it feels a bit deeper. I’m sorry if im not able to articulate my thoughts in audiophile terms. These are still breaking in of course. The balance is excellent and clarity is remarkable. The bass is very powerful but clean. I’m listening to recordings I know very well and am picking up little details I never noticed before. If these were a bottle of wine, they would be a big bold Stag’s Leap Napa cabernet.
Just upgraded to a Luxman L-509x. The Dyn Contour 60i speakers just love it. Break-in is probably a few hundred hours, but out of the box, I hear sonic improvements and qualities I didn't get out of my SN3. The SN3 is a great piece, just not with these speakers. Highly recommend the Luxman 509x.