Just received my B&W 802's: One tweeter doesn't work - HELP!

After testing many new speakers (Magico A3, B&W 801 D4, Wilson Sasha DAW, others) I realized I really, really just liked the tonal balance of my current B&W 803 D2's. Because of this, I sought out a pair of used 802 D2's, as an upgrade that would have the most similar tonal balance. I found a pair of "mint condition" used B&W 802 D2's for sale online, from a very well-reviewed retail shop. After receiving them, I was actually surprised that the speakers were truly, in fact, in mint condition. Everything about them seemed brand new. However, that was until I tried them for the first time and found that one tweeter produces no sound at all. I triple checked all phase connections, and tried removing the jumpers (the mid-range cut out as expected when I removed the jumpers). My questions: 1) Can anyone tell me the most likely cause of a tweeter failing totally where it produces no sound at all, and yet the speaker and tweeter itself visually appears to be in pristine condition? Loose connection internally? Blown crossover and/or tweeter unit? 2) Further to my first question, how would this issue be addressed? 3) How would most reputable retailers respond in this scenario? I've sent the retailer an email (they are closed for today) indicating the issue, along with photos of my connections to prove correct phase, etc, and also a short video showing a recording in front of the speaker with it's tweeter working properly, and moving to the other speaker where you can clearly hear the tweeter is not making any sound. 4) Would B&W help at all, considering these are older speakers and the fact that I purchased used? 5) Any advice? It's frustrating, because I can tell from what I've heard that these speakers were everything I was hoping for. Less one working tweeter. Thanks....
nyev

@audphile1 I think you must be right. After the store also suggested that I install a tweeter from my 803D2 into the failing 802D2, the 802D2’s now work perfectly and sound great!

I tested the tweeter in my 803D2 and it still fails.

The dead tweeter looks perfect, with no damage at all. It just fails to make any sound!

I’ve asked the store to send me a new teeter. On B&W’s website it says that tweeter will be available to ship soon, but I’ve heard that in general B&W is often delayed far beyond their reported availability dates.

Good new is I really like the 802 D2’s now….

One question, in my research I’ve found that in some cases where tweeters have failed, I’ve noted there are some cases where there is also crossover damage.

The speakers work perfectly with the tweeter from my 803D2’s, but I thought it could be worth inspecting the crossover just in case?

I believe the crossover is in the pedestal, so accessing it looks fairly easy with Allen bolts on the bottom.  Any advice on how to verify the crossover?  I have a multimeter (and I know how to use it) and can check resistances at appropriate places to check.

It’s unlikely the crossover since tweeter from your 803D works in the 802D.  Have you measured the resistance of the bad tweeter?  You can measure the one from 803D for reference and compare the two.  Typically it’s between 4 to 8 ohms.  The voice coil may be open.  The wires that connect to the voice coil is super thin and can be damaged easily.  

rich

@sfstereo Good idea.  Went to find my multimeter and it’s not in my toolbox!  Will have to hunt for it.  Haven’t used it for a year or so…

I wouldn’t sweat it about crossover damage if it sounds fine.
Just enjoy it. I would insist though to get reimbursed for new twitter.