Jolida JD100 vs MF A3.2 vs Ah Njoe Tjoeb 4000

Hi all. I'm looking for a new CD player, not more than about $1k, preferably new. My musical tastes are mostly classic rock, country, and some classical. What I'm looking for is something with the speed/pace for rock, but without a harsh, thin "digital" sound, and without giving up detail.

I've listened to the Rega Planet, which does the smooth quite well, but poor on detail and speed. And the Arcam 73 (or was it a 72 maybe), which sounded rather thin to me.

I've heard good things about the Jolida, Musical Fidelity and Ah Njoe Tjoeb, but dont' have local dealers for any of the 3. Can anyone comment on how they stack up? Or suggest potential alternates?

Thanks!
vontrapp3242ee40
Regarding the Njoe Tjoeb, I noticed improved PRAT after installing the upsampler. It was great before now its even better. I would definitely recommend the upsampler for what you are looking for. I can't speak for other options save the Rotel RCD-1072 (which the Njoe Tjoeb beats easily although I did like the Rotel for the characteristics you are looking for). Bare bones Njoe Tjoeb with upsampler and I think you are looking at $1,050 which I think is a sweet deal. I ordered the direkt power cord and I also got Siemens 7308 tubes so I paid a total of approx. $1,200. I'm not sure the power cord was necessary.
Von trapp, I too am looking for a tube based CD player to go with the Jolida 302 I am waiting to be delivered. I am thinking about that Tjoeb 4000 as it has had nothing but rave reviews and seems to be well built.
I love my new Tjoeb 4000. A great buy for $700. You can accessorize to your hearts content. I don't think I'll ever buy another CDP unless its another Tjoeb 4000 for my other system! I can't speak to the other units. Good luck!
If you will go used. Get any decent Cd player that has digital out, or transport and plug it into the Agaron D2A2 DAC. There is an Aragon DAC for sale for $399 on Augiogon, in the second or third page of DAC listings. It is smooth and detailed with plenty of punch for rock, great imaging and sound stage
Joe