Jolida Hybrid humming noise through speakers?

I have 1501RC and when the amp is on, there is quite a noticable humming sound that comes through the speakers. You don't hear it from the amp itself, but throught the speakers. You can hear it from several feet away. I have this plugged into a power strip/surge protector, but my other power amp had no problem. Is this a common thing with tube amps? Is there something that can be done before I send it out for repair? Thanks
jeffo19

Showing 2 responses by boband212

I have had a number of Jolida amps. I have a JD301BRC now. The sound is great,  but the buzzing noise through the speakers is getting worse all the time. A couple of the other  amps I had also had a buzz coming  through the speakers. I would not think the tubes would cause it, but that is possible. A bad ground could, and also a bad transformer. Any number of things could cause it. I like the sound of Jolida hybrids, but it seems buzzing is a common issue. 
ANother thing to add- I just broke off the 3rd pin (ground pin) plugged the power cord into an extension cord and the extension cord into the wall socket- buzzing stopped. I do not believe a better power cord, or different power cord would help, but there may be an issue in the amp at the power cord connection having to do with the ground.