Jolida Fusion DAC/transport: opinions or other DAC/transport alternatives?

Hi all,
I've been looking for a CD player with a little future proofing thrown in (in the way of digital inputs). I have many CDs that I'd like to keep for critical listening sessions, but would like to run a USB or toslink from my imac for access to my digital library for convenience sake.

The Jolida Fusion DAC/transport caught my interested but I can find nothing in the way of information or reviews (save for one). I like the tube idea, but it's not mandatory. I've used a couple of Shanling tubed CD players in the past with good success.

Other player/DACS I've researched but ruled out include the Cambridge Audio Azur 851C, (most seem to agree this is a very analytical sound, and not one I would enjoy), and the Rega Saturn R. The Marantz SA8005 looks good on paper, but again, I've heard it's sound can be a little analytical and sterile.

I'd welcome recommendations for other units in the $2k or less range that can handle optical or USB in.
Thanks!
yakbob

Showing 2 responses by boband212

The Jolida is a fine, well built, great sounding player. The Jolida FX DAC DSD is a great DAC. The discontinued CD player JD100A was great. And still sought after. But it was just a CD player. The digital inputs are great to have. 
I am a dealer for Jolida / Black Ice Audio. For 12 years. Much of what is said here is not completely accurate. You would not want to use a high price DAC with a cheap CD player, or a DVD/CD player. I have sold several of these units. The customers were totally satisfied. The older JD100 CD player that was discontinued was extremely well received, and 10 year old players are now selling for nearly what those sold for new. Find Anderson Audio Gallery on FB. I will be happy to answer any questions about Jolida or Black Ice Audio gear. 
Bob Anderson