JM lab Electr 926 speakers good pre amp&amplifier

Hello! every one,
just bought these speakers,need to get rest of the gear debating about separates(outlaw 950/1077) or Denon recievers now 3803(for time being& upgrade later).any suggestions are appreciated.
thanks-vpr5by50
vpr5by50
No suggestions on the amp. But iof you don't mind, I am curious did you consider the 936 as well as the 926 and what drove your decision? Also what were the runners up in your buying decision? Reason for asking is I am considering the 926/936 myself. By the way I'll be using a McIntosh amp.
hai!theo,
I settled for 926 because (1)it was a package deal for 5.1 system (2) the show room dint have any 936 for demo.
(and i loved 926 any way)
The 926 is a excellent speaker for the price.I used tube Conrad Johnson with mine.
Hmmmm...I heard the 926 (in a showroom, I admit! However, this was a dedicated room with just the 926 & the associated electronics & 2 chairs) with a ClearAudio Champion Level 1 TT, McCormack RLD & McCormack DNA-125 & all StraightWire interconnects & speaker cables (I cannot remember the exact models but it looked like they were from their level 2 or level 3 selections).
I found the 926 to be very fast, light on the bass & mid-bass hence it appeared to be mid & high freq. emphasized. Overall, it was a very modern/hi-fi sounding speaker. It couldn't draw me into the music -it had great, clean sound but was devoid of any emotion or soul. Maybe it wasn't fully broken in? However, I have read a # of people complain about the Electra series having thin bass. Maybe these are good qualities for a HT setup? Maybe the 926 needs some tubes upstream to tame it?