JL Audio F113 or F112 For Dynaudio Confidence 5

I need a musical fast Sub mostly for music to go along with my Dynaudio Confidence 5. I was wondering if anyone had compared the f113 and the f112. I will not be buying stereo subs because I have neighbors and my room size is about 20x18
Can you hear a difference between these two subs when playing music? My priority is Music however I do listen to electronic music and they require deep bass. Thanks
128x128trance

Showing 1 response by aldavis

It isn't common knowledge that Rels are better than JL Audio for 2 channel. The sealed Jl's are fantastic for music. I have had both in my home and the Jl's were clearly better than the stadiums I tried. Rels measure notoriously poorly. Whether this means anything sonically is up to you to decide. I have nothing against Rel. I actually like them. Their new Gibraltar G1 ($4,000) just came out which uses a carbon fiber 12 inch driver in a sealed, curved cabinet. I would definately check one out. It uses speaker level connections like the other Rels which minimizes the impedance challange 2 low level JL subs could present to many preamps. I use a balanced tube buffer in my setup. If you go the JL route I would use the smaller F 112 which is easier to integrate than the 113. The best measured results come from the newer F 212 which uses a new driver and has vanishingly low distortion. It's 6K and so would be a substantial investment for a pair. - jim