jitter

I am pretty sure I understand jitter generated by streamers and/or DACs. My question  is, when a digital recording is created, can there already be jitter in the digital data itself from the ADC? If so, can this ever be corrected during playback, either by the streamer or DAC?

128x128jw944ts

Showing 4 responses by jw944ts

my new DAC exhibits dropout on a few HD tracks that my old DAC does not. The manufacturer of the new DAC says it is from excessive jitter being received from my streamer, and will adjust the buffer....I will see if this is correct when I try a new streamer next week....I also wonder if  the buffer is adjusted will this affect  the overall sound on  tracks that do not have dropout?

I presume the reason the oldDAC does not have dropout is a "better" buffer?

@yage,  the only indication would be if power is interupted...we shall see what happens with a "better" streamer....the manufacturer of the DAC in question has created a fix, which I believe increases some sort of buffer to accept higher degrees a jitter

@yage thank you for  this information and explanation. How then would you likely

explain repeatable "dropout"when streaming only certain HR tracks. The drop out occurs in similar places each time, and on one DAC, but not another?

+1 @yage....manufacturer is sending an updated model which will have an way to adjust for jitter in the input