Jeff Rowland preamps

I currently have the following; Synergy IIi, Rowland 501, 2 x PFC and read with interest here that the new Capri has received positive feedback. Has anyone here compared this with the Synergy IIi which has now been discontinued in terms of sonic performance. With new technology introduced I assume the Jeff Rowland has taken the performance for his preamp upwards. I'll have to ignore the flagship Criterion as this is wayyyy out of my budget.
dtanclim
Excuse my ignorance. What is "system calibration and back value setting"? It still sounds like a once in a great while kind of thing, whatever it is.

I fix the first problem by not inadvertently pressing Balance. I did that once and thought to myself, "Let's not do that again."

Dave
I somewhat agree that the usability of the balance is not the best, but I manage fine with it. I'm more curious though why it only allows a 3db swing in each direction. Not that I need more or less, but just out of plain curiosity.

More of a pain for me is not having the ability to switch polarity via remote.
Dstpep. LOL. It is rather self explanatory. Once you calibrate your system (in this case balance as a subject) one will experience a difficulty bringing back the same channels volume values. Use your imagination to create such scenarios. I like the digital temperature display in my car. Also, my inadvertent changes are probably related to the simple fact of alcoholic beverage consumption while listening to music and non music radio broadcasts. I will not go into this, but balance is very handy with some broadcasts. Perhaps it has also to do with dim lights in my environment and need for corrective glasses. Effectively I greatly enjoy the JRDG quality, but I am also often critical of ergonomics.

Clio, yes, the range is somewhat of a mystery.

Good listening!
The lack of polarity switch on the remote has also a historical origin. The remote was designed in the late 80s or early 90s. While the Capri has what some of us find to be one of the best sonic/musical attributes in the domain, it is worth point out that it was designed and it is priced as an entry level device. . . the signal path is state of the art, the mechanical package is outstanding, but some of the I/O flexibility and control function are limited, created with available legacy parts, or otherwise cost engineered to meet a price point. G.