Jeff Rowland Concentra II vs Gryphon Callisto 2200

I have visited many audiophile forums, and made alot of research about, which high end brand made it up there with their integrated amplifier.

Here was my conclusion. many stated that the Jeff Rowland Concentra II is the one of the best integrateds out there to today and many others consider the Gryphon Callisto 2200 to be the best integrated amp ever built.

I'm really confused right now, as both amp are similar in their price tags. The issue is that I'm really serious about buying one of the two integrateds, and I really hate to make mistakes with any one of them. I'm sure they are all legends and sound really great. It's just that different systems require different matching amps.

I really appreciate it alot, since this is the best place to get such an information on buying any new equipments. I mean with all your support, help and valuable info. I think that I can make the best possible choice for my system.

My speakers are JMlab Mini Utopia and Audiomeca Mephisto II CD player.
fahad74

Showing 1 response by lrsky

The Rowland Piece is a great audio product. Somehow, though, I have never gotten the same feeling of music that I get with the Gryphon.
I have spoken, by email to Flemming Rasmussen several times about his product, and he does not consider the USA to be compatible with his product offering. And, based on his past marketing efforts, hobbiests,and speaker manufacturers, the latter selling his product as an afterthought, I would say that the problem is in his sales approach, not some "market compatibility" issue. I spoke to an acquaintence in the Orient, and he basically, without rancor, stated that the US market lacks the cerebral requirements to understand and purchase such a product. I would sadly have to agree with him. In our society, we are so caught up in quick and, just good enough, that such a tremendously built product does not offer the flash that some others do.
Frankly, my Callisto is better in every way than any separates I have compared it to, and the list is considerable. In all fairness, while I have heard the Rowland, I did not do a head to head comparison. The Rowland did, have more of a hi fi sound in the higher frequencies than the Gryphon. The voicing of the Gryphon is superb, with absolutely nothing that I want to change.
So, while either is excellent, the rare and hard to find Gryphon is my favorite, for whatever that is worth. This comes, as does music, from the heart, not the head.
Larry R. Staples