Jeff Rowland 201 or 501 for high current demands

I hear a lot of good things about these amps, but will they work for speakers that like a lot of current? The 201 mentions 35 amps and the 501 mentions 45 amps in the specs.

Thanks,

Dave
dbld

Showing 2 responses by mtsoucek

Thanks for the advice. I have had them going with the sat. radio for the past two days. Do you recomend turning them off when not using them or just leaving them powered up? I was thinking about connecting them with my processor's trigger to turn on any time the processor is on. Also, I did not mention but, I am running them with my Kef 107/2
4 ohm speaker if that makes any difference.
I have just purchased a pair of 201. It was my decesion to upgrade from the model 1's. I was reading a thread that said these amps need a long break in. Can anyone offer advice. They just seem a-lot different than my model 1's. The mids are there. Compared to the 1's almost too much there. Maybe because the base is just extremely fast & tight on the 201's and not so deep. Anyhow, can anyone offer advice. By the way, I am using dedicated outlets for each amp and good power cords. I am using Cardis balanced cables from my Krell preamp.