Jean Nantais Reference Lenco Mk2 vs Mk3

Friends,
I am contemplating buying an Idler drive turntable to my system. I already have a good belt drive (Verdier) and this is for a change of taste. I listened to a Garrard and it was doing definitely something that I havent heard any belt drive TTs do. It wasnt as nuanced as my Verdier though. I have been exchanging emails with Jean Nantais. He said he could build me either a Garrard or a Lenco. Since his Lenco recipe has been very popular I decided to go with his Reference Lenco. However, there are two versions that I have to choose from, Mk2 and Mk3. The price difference is close to $2500. Will appreciate some advice on choosing between the two. If anyone has heard these versions it will be really helpful to get an opinion on their sonic signature.
pani

Showing 1 response by gilles130

Lenco heaven is for diy, and I don't think there are people who know the Nantais mkII or mk III. I personally build mine after reading the famous review by Salvatore on highendaudio.
I think J Nantais has such an experience now (the finish of the first one was not really very good) that it may be hard to build the equivalent of Nantais last ones.
The best way I think is to ask on lencoheaven if someone lives in his area to listen to a lenco with dedicated plinth.