JBL's Marketing Blunder..

This is such a bizarre JBL promo video portraying young women as ditzy airheads...certainly not the way to reach younger blood and expand the customer base.

JBL GOES MODERN!

Here's a retort from the Audioholics channel

JBL Ad portrays Gen Z women as Idiots?!

I suppose JBL will try and do just fine by selling the same things over and over to a shrinking aged male customer base. Good luck JBL!

deep_333

Exaggerating stereotypes. It's essentially the same as Blaxploitation. Any wonder why people become nonconformists?

I'm curious, for those who work or have worked in stereo/HT stores, what percentage of box speakers along the lines of those in the commercial are sold to women?  My guess is almost none.  This commercial is probably a futile attempt to sell to a demographic that has near zero interest.  Thiel did this at the end, it was obviously a silly old man with money who hired a pretty young "CEO" to look at and try to make Thiel cool for women.  You could tell by the way she talked about the products she was kind of embarrassed of what she was doing.  

+5 or even +6 @rumblestrip 

cant believe the curmudgeons on this site

BTW Had JBL's in the 70's they were fine and still are !

Nothing wrong with the market they are going after - I like what you offered

+1 @jonwolfpell and @yakbob  and @nonoise and @yakbob 

much ado about nothing

I spent too much time on this one

Post removed 

LOL, the real blunder was long ago, when the company changed hands they released design genius Greg Timbers. https://www.audioheritage.org/html/people/timbers.htm I agree! Greg designed one of my favorite JBL’s see here 🤩

At the least, Greg is one guy who'll laugh hysterically at the recent audiobool trend of "huge cable, huge dac, huge everything except for the tiny lousy lil crappy lil speaker".