JBL's Marketing Blunder..

This is such a bizarre JBL promo video portraying young women as ditzy airheads...certainly not the way to reach younger blood and expand the customer base.

JBL GOES MODERN!

Here's a retort from the Audioholics channel

JBL Ad portrays Gen Z women as Idiots?!

I suppose JBL will try and do just fine by selling the same things over and over to a shrinking aged male customer base. Good luck JBL!

deep_333

Modern day, knee-jerk drama being manufactured where there is none. The JBL is fine, and targeted at a specific audience (guess what geezers, you’re not it).

I have a 24 (F), 19 (M) and 17 (F) year old. The older one and younger one definitely thought the ad was cringe. The dude in the middle just snickered away (as i expected) and i couldn’t get any constructive feedback outta him. I think I’m fairly well aware of how that generation operates.

For starters, they are quite a bit more tech savvy than the avg geezer in geezerville (actually).

Ya just have to get the message across that there is fairly non-invasive+easy use equipment that will blow the socks off their typical bluetooth crap and Dr Dre headphones.

I have had clusters of other kids (friend circles, etc of above mentioned) hear my rigs over the years. I literally should have taped the jaw drop reactions/responses of that crowd, which alone should serve as top notch advertising, i.e., portrayal of genuine jaw drop reactions...Pair it with some subliminal mantra like..."JBL..Once ya hear it, ya ain’t unhearing it", etc and it should be good to go (Create curiosity and a sense of mystery).

You tell these kids you need 15 different boxes to play a song (like the geezers) and they’ll run away.

I would fire JBL’s advertising goober crew.

P.S. Nowhere in that ad did it ever say why the hell you should spend your money!

Post removed 

I just turned 50 years of age this past August 4th. With that being said, I think that the commercial is just fine. JBL is targeting a much younger audience that was never into stereo equipment. Maybe there were curious about it but just didn't know where to start and JBL took that critical first step for them and won. 

By the way, I was at my local Best Buy last week and I saw the JBL receiver. Looks very simple. Crutchfield has it on their site too.

Post removed 
Post removed