JBL 4349 or Klipsch Cornwall IV

I need some input on these speakers, I will be able to try 4349 in my home in some time but Cornwall IV is difficult to audition, no dealers nearby. Any input is highly appreciated.

I listen to rock, metal, classical music, jazz, americana and occasionally some country. I have Mark Levinson pre and power (power is not an issue with the JBLs although I might have to change amp for the Cornwalls). My room is roughly 16x18 with a 10 feet ceiling.

I have listened to JBL L100 and while I enjoyed them with classical, jazz and metal, I did not find them to be very good for rock. The treble was slightly harsh and since the loudspeaker did not sound very open or engaging at lower volumes, the treble became very noticeable when the volume was dialled up. But like I said, they brought life to classical and jazz, that’s why I’m now looking at 4349 or maybe Cornwall IVs which have gotten some very nice reviews.

johnek
@snapoli2 That’s great news! Still have the 4349s on demo, have been thinking about sending them back and go for Cornwalls or maybe the new Forte IVs.

There is a brightness when playing loud that I do not like, other than that I really like the 4349s. Power is not an issue, my Mark Levinson is rated at 2x400W so I’ve been thinking that it’s either a matching issue or the speaker itself. I don’t find 4349 to be very efficient, the L100 played subjectively louder at lower settings, which has made me think that tube amps might not work very well (other than high power amps). 

The LM 845-Premium is rated at 30W, if that power is sufficient also for listening at louder volumes that is great news. It’s quite expensive though, have you tried other tube amps with the 4349s (I’m thinking PrimaLuna etc that are well built but not as expensive as the 848-Premium)? 
Post removed 
So what did you choose? I have a similar situation. But I'm still considering Tannoy Monitor (Red or Gold). Difficult choice, although I listened to both options.

I’ve had my Cornwall IVs for over a year now. They shine with the same recordings as the JBL 4349s but the Cornwalls are better to my ears , with some recordings a lot better. I guess it comes down to what you value most, I definitely enjoy the dynamics (both micro and macro). JBL 4349 can go just as loud as the Cornwalls but they are not as dynamic and did not make me smile as much as the Cornwalls do.

Great problem to have! Ive owned them both and feel the cornwalls are far superior. I was a huge fan of the 4429 and found the 4349 were fatigueing. I love the 4365s though. My cornwalls are a real joy- with all types if music. And as Steve has stated in his reviews its unreal how great they sound even at low levels. They are fantastic speakers and incredibly easy to drive. Currently have them hooked up to a rogue rp1 pre and pass labs xa25 amp. Magical.