Jazz for aficionados

Jazz for aficionados

I'm going to review records in my collection, and you'll be able to decide if they're worthy of your collection. These records are what I consider "must haves" for any jazz aficionado, and would be found in their collections. I wont review any record that's not on CD, nor will I review any record if the CD is markedly inferior. Fortunately, I only found 1 case where the CD was markedly inferior to the record.

Our first album is "Moanin" by Art Blakey and The Jazz Messengers. We have Lee Morgan , trumpet; Benney Golson, tenor sax; Bobby Timmons, piano; Jymie merrit, bass; Art Blakey, drums.

The title tune "Moanin" is by Bobby Timmons, it conveys the emotion of the title like no other tune I've ever heard, even better than any words could ever convey. This music pictures a person whose down to his last nickel, and all he can do is "moan".

"Along Came Betty" is a tune by Benny Golson, it reminds me of a Betty I once knew. She was gorgeous with a jazzy personality, and she moved smooth and easy, just like this tune. Somebody find me a time machine! Maybe you knew a Betty.

While the rest of the music is just fine, those are my favorite tunes. Why don't you share your, "must have" jazz albums with us.

Enjoy the music.
orpheus10

Alex, none of your links came through. The old way we did links doesn't seem to work anymore. I started clicking the chain looking object and paste heading. I know its a pain but I do look forward to your music.

@Acman3, Sorry, but I do not understand ’clicking the chain looking object and paste heading.’ Can you please explain me better? I am writing on my laptop and if I pass over the links with my mouse and press the right key I can use the option ’go to link’ and than it opens (instead of just clicking the link like before)

If that is not possible for you, let me know how I can post them again. If only the Russians would stop interfering with peace loving jazz crowd....

But I see that your links are blue...and working....its just that my hacker skills are not match for yours...

You got the wrong person trying to explain computers !  When I am on the Audiogon box I am posting to, There is a series of letters and objects in the header. About 2/3 across the page there is a smiley face and then a chain looking object. If you have that in the header, click the chain looking devise. You are a smarter man than me , so I think you can figure it out from there.

If anyone else sees a better way for Alex to post music please don't be afraid to assist .

Well, you can always send me your fax number and I will send you the list of albums...there is an arrow under the link played that says ’share’ and I copied the link and paste it here, like always. I understand that its not possible to click and open it, but perhaps its possible to copy it and than search the link? If not, will write the title of album, as I already do, so you can search it for yourself...if you wish, of course...

Computers are not mine thing also...