JAY'S Audio CDT-3-MK2 or PS Audio DirectStream Memory Player

Looking for a CD transport. I will be playing redbook CDs only and would be using the SPDIF output to my DAC. 
I was thinking to get the JAY'S Audio transport, but now that PS Audio discounted their DirectStream Memory Player, I can't decide between the two. Has anyone compared those two?
nenon

Showing 1 response by toolbox149

WIG
I looking at possibly moving from my CDT2 MK2 to a CDT2 MK3. (I had a P S Audio Perfectwlave Transport prior to the CDT2 MK2). I’m pretty happy with my MK2 and how musical it is, especially how the MK2 is very detailed and yet vocals are reproduced with a less grainy quality - almost smooth.
I read in your initial impression, "My older CDs still sounds good but the revised MK3 reveals the flaws in the recordings..."
I’m wondering if you could please expand on that statement. Is the statement still valid? Did the newly revealed flaws diminish your enjoyment of some of your CDs? How do you feel now?
I’m at the point now, where I don’t want to change/mess with my overall sound, but if I can get a little more clarity and refinement without a huge change in my sound,,,,, I’m all for that.

If anyone else wants to weigh in, please do.

Thanks,
Tim