Jadis amps and pre-amps still competitive?

How does Jadis amps (Defy7, JA 200, ect.) and pre-amps (JPL MK2, 80 MC), compare with the more popular amps of today from VTL, LAMM, and Audio Research. You don't hear much about them anymore. I remember that they were highly regarded when Mr. Victor Goldstein was the importer.
jazz_nut

Showing 5 responses by flg2001

Still competitive in terms of sonic performance and proud of ownership, but entry ticket is higher than other competitive companies as those you mentioned.

Fernando
Trelja: A friend here also applied some bias adjustment to his DA5 amps following Jadis instructions. I am not a tube expert (my friend is), but I remember he placed the bias just in the upper limit for the EL34 and sound immproved a lot for the good.

Fernando
Trelja: I have my weekly audio-buddies meeting and will get the specifics for you.

Fernando
Hi - Talked to my friend last night who owns a DA5.

He will send instructions to adjust bias at a higher setting shortly, that by the way were provided by Jadis (so no vudu-like mods in this case).

He told me that it is auto-bias and not (????) and the trick resides in some passive controlers within the DA5 circuit (whatever that means...), anyway.. I will get the instructions from him later and will post it for your info.

Fernando