Isolation vs. Absorbtion

I am new to the audiophile hobby, and I am confused by what appears to be subjectivity and contradictions. When "mounting" a cd player and other components, is it best to use Soft Pads which ISOLATE vibration and RETAIN internal component vibration, OR is it best to use Hard Cones, which DRAIN (harmful) component vibrations into shelf material. Secondly, is it best to attach shelving to racks so that shelving makes Direct (hard) Contact - OR, should the shelving be Isolated from rack? Is there a scientific, indisputable answer?
128x128equa
Draudio, since you have been challenged to let us know your connection with Sistrum/Audiopoints, but are neither confirming nor denying, then I suspect most readers of these posts will feel as I do, that your opinion is profit-motivated and that your posts have been an attempt to deceive Audiogon members. The trouble is, the Sistrum and Audiopoints stuff might be OK, but you are causing suspicion and disbelief to attach to anyone posting positive impressions about it here.
I am sorry for making you feel so threatend it was not my intent to. When I started to relay my passion for this idea it was not to destroy any credibility in what you have been able to acomplish with your manufacturing of stands or racks, I didnt know just how many how many sales reps and manufactures work this site to promote. Although what i have discoverd and shared on this site seams to contradict conventional ideas in some ways it actualy suports them I have helped explain some of the laws of physics that support isolation theory such as airborne resonance and coulomb friction "NAMED AFTER FRENCH PHYSICIST CHARLES AUGUSTINE DECOULOMB BORN IN 1736" I have shared and supported the platform for you products to have value based on science you sould know that. I di not say your were the best scientific approch as I do not belive that and for that I am sorry, convince me.
The real issue at hand is that you have questioned my personal credibility and that of the product I belive in,with no basis of fact simply suggesting science itself is vodo and that I am out to use big words. The people that you are suggesting can not understand me do not seem to share the opinion that this, with exception of one or two. is over thier heads in fact most of them interested have probablly started to educate themselfs to see if these sciences exist if they are in doubt I suggest you do the same. If you can build the argument you have tried on "site related" that all these facts I have pointed out will not be credible any more.Well I'm not Al Gore and your not president and I hope youy need khowledge and fact to win an argument here not just good diversion tacticts. It is anyones right to opinion people here are free to think suggest and even have commitment. My commitment is much larger than I could have ever thought possilbe I am changing carrers and hope to work directly for starsound as I belive in what they do.Currently this is the best I can do in your country just spread the word and anser questions just like everyone here I find myself losing sleep over a rack company I truly believe in. I live in canada but share this idea all over the world via internet so others may learn and enjoy as I have. I have educated myself on the principles of how it works. Becuse of my understanding of coulomb friction and forced dampened vibration I now consider myself experienced enough to share this Knowledge.
Tell me, with the exeption of hinerd sales of your product, and with some evidence to back it up, where these studies of science have went wrong.Without these studies of resonance and the fact that none of our tweaks would work without this interaction of them.
You must know this if you have even a resnonable under standing of what it is I am talking about if not look it up please.I urge you to discover the truth you may learn somthing!
Keep you ear tuned!
You have said you were in the starsound room, you then being an expert in the feild know it works. Then the fact remains that in order to feel like you have acomplised winning this argument it needs to be about who I am and ignore the real topic, am I right, am I studied on this topic, am I honest, and does this sistrum rack really work so well.
Yes! Yes! Yes! and Yes! Forgive me for being frank.
Draudio
Draudio, your post tends to indicate you have missed the point. I, for one, believe that vibration control can be regarded as the "great uncharted territory" for audiophiles. Your theories and those of others such as Neuance conform fairly closely with my own fumbling attempts to get an adequate solution to the problem. No one is rubbishing your product or scientific backing - except, ironically, yourself because of your scurrilous tactics. By using unacceptable (to at least me) tactics to promote your products you have cast a slur on your own products. Of course, others may disagree, and I am not trying to judge you but point out that the evidence is clear on this site that there are several people that do find your tactics unacceptable. But the point is you have done your products a disservice by your tactics. Now you have been "outed", you have an opportunity to act in an above-board manner and earn some credibility. I am happy to be open-minded and hope to hear more from you on this topic - but in a way that discloses your interest. I agree with Ken's suggestion above, that all you need to do is ensure you declare your interest in your sign-off to your posts. Then we will be able to respect your input. I would really like to see Ken and others such as yourself assist us to understand how to deal with vibration issues better.
Dr A,
Re:
>>>I didnt know just how many how many sales reps and manufactures work this site to promote.<<<
The only people *working* this site seems to be Starsound.In the months that I have been contributing here,I have let threads regarding my products to develop on their own, without intervention, even when it was being used in ways for which it was never intended.Unlike you, I use the forum for my own entertainment and post on topics unrelated to business.---

>>>"The real issue at hand is that you have questioned my personal credibility and that of the product I belive in..."<<<
The issue is that you have been behaving as a shill for Starsound.I have gone out of my way to avoid commenting on the Systrum's effectiveness,only the manner in which it is being promoted.---

>>>"...what i have discoverd and shared on this site seams to contradict conventional ideas..."<<<
What have you shared?I have asked directly for specific or experiental information pertaining to the sonic character,benefits and theory behind the Systrum device and have yet to receive a reply or answers to my questions from you.By doing so,I have given you the opportunity to share in detail the reasons for your enthusiasm and promote the product in a responsible manner, yet you resort to odd tactics to change to direction of the thread.Maybe you are confusing your "Dr Audio personna" for one of your other pseudonyms?Nowhere do I recall "Dr Audio" offering any explanation of the principles claimed nor even a reply that would indicate that you are familiar with its sonic or musical benefit.---

>>>"I am changing carrers and hope to work directly for starsound..."<<<
Finally, an admission of your commercial ties to the product.See, that wasn't so hard was it? If you had stated so with your first entry, this thread would not have taken the unfortunate course it has.I wish you success in your new endevour.---

>>>"You have said you were in the starsound room, you then being an expert in the feild know it works."<<<
I was not given a full demonstration and as you are aware , the uncertainty of show conditions can be most unfair to even the best of products.I heard a decent sounding room but could not make value judgement or pinpoint the contribution of the Systrum.---

>>>"... am I right, am I studied on this topic, am I honest,and does this systrum rack really work so well."(?)"<<<
Hmmm....perhaps it would be best if I refrain and leave it for others to decide for themselves.

Regards,
Ken Lyon
GreaterRanges/Neuance