ISO Advise on choosing Ayre or Bat power amp

Looking at an Ayre V-5xe or a BAT VK-225se-both used, approx. same age and WPC power. Matching to Aerial Acoustics LR-5’s ( 4 ohms, 89 sensitivity) listening room is 22x24.
Which amp would you prefer and why! Thanks in advance for sage wisdom of this community...
zakattack
Adg101-
 Both these amps put out 300wpc at 4ohms so I think that should be adequate?
Since the 4 ohms power is twice at at 8ohms, that is supposed to indicate high current....please correct me if I’m off on that!
I may consider a parasound A21+ just for the extra 200wpc into 4 ohms although I don’t know if the Parasound would have the same level of finesse, speed and linearity as the other two...?
stringreen-
yes, I would only use xlr balanced interconnects on either amp as both are fully balanced in and out!

If your Aerial Acoustics LR-5s can be bi-wired, I'd get a used BAT VK-300SE integrated and add the VK-225SE later. This bi-amp setup will rock-down the house and sound damn fine doing it. Make sure the VK-300SE isn't too old, however, as it's been in production a long time.
Dweller-
the BAT VK-300se and the Vk-225se have the same power and serve the same purpose- except the integrated amp with the pre adds more circuitry. Aren’t I better off with just the power amp and a digital pre-DAC/streamer as a source?

i always read that the shortest path is the cleanest and best path- is this not true? Or is there something a pre-amp does that a digital pre-DAC can’t?
John Atkinson ran some tests on this point a while ago and concluded he like the sound better with a pre in the system. I used a VK-300SE for many years and will say it "just makes beautiful music". Adding the VK-225SE now-or-later gives considerably more "gusto" as doubling the available power should. I'm a hard-core BAT fan as I love their pure, simple, natural sound (no fancy-schmancy -just pure music). Take it or leave it, just my advice.
there are at least two maybe three recent threads on the value of a linestage in a high end system

just search