Is this the solution to LP static issues?? Seems to be!

Last night i was listening to a superb original RCA white dog pressing of Lena Horne and Harry Belafonte ( if you can source this, i highly recommend it!) 
I noticed that all of my prior LP's were exhibiting considerable static attraction to my felt mat on my LP12. Not this one!!! How come, since the LP was played at the same time as the others, in the same system, the same room temperature etc.?? I noticed on the cover of the album the following large sticker: Miracle Surface, This record contains the revolutionary new antistatic ingredient, 317X, which helps keep the record dust free, helps prevent surface noise, helps insure faithful sound reproduction on Living Stereo.  

Whatever this additive is that was put on this album back in 1959 sure works well!! Anyone know what 317X is?? Why are we NOT using this stuff today??
128x128daveyf
@whart,

Thanks - I did a deep dive into static a few months ago, so I was familiar with the background and the applicable sources.  Based on the deep-dive, I identified a material that I am now using as a record mat along with grounding the platter bearing that for now has pretty much eliminated any problem I may have had with static (I deep wet clean all records) and the material has damping qualities that benefit the acoustics - win-win; you can read details here if interested -   vpiforum.com • View topic - Anti-Static Record Mat with Damping

Best Regards,
Neil
Ball Corporation made the product called Sound Guard and I used it for years, it was very helpful.  Then I switched to a product made by Stanton called Permastat.  It was even better. I wish it was still made today but it isn't and I have no idea what was in it.  I used both products in conjunction with the original Disc Washer and D3 and later D4 fluid along with a Zerostat as necessary.  In addition my later Shure cartridges had their stabilizer carbon fiber brushes.  All of these used together eliminated all static issues.
This comment reminds me of the Pac Man machine at the pizza parlor next to Sound Advice in Gainesville.  We would zap the machine  with a D'Stat device for free games, and played free for hours at a time.  I still wonder what kept us from frying game the computer
If I may make a suggestion.  I purchased  a device called a Static Draining Brush from a Company called Mapleshade several years ago.  It is a simple device that plugs into the ground on a three pronged AC outlet.  It does the trick.  I have been very pleased with it.