Is There Just One Single Album That Does It For You, Completely? Just One.

If you somehow got stuck in a situation (lol) and had to spend the rest of your life completely by yourself, all alone, on a desert island ... and, as part of your situation you only got to choose one album to spend the entire rest of your life with.

Let’s say, some weird circumstance, and you also had at your complete disposal the system of your dreams, that you had assembled thru the years. And thank goodness you were a prepper and you thought ahead to install a solar power system, so power would never be a problem either.

Kind of like Tom Hanks on that island, except instead of a just a soccer ball, you had your dream stereo setup and one album only.

One album and that’s it. Got to pick one. Not necesssarily your all time favorite album, just one you could live with for the rest of your life.

Is there any album that just completely does it for ya, on that level?

I’ll kick things off by sharing mine: Steely Dan, Aja

128x128tunefuldude

I'd have just a few on my list - but gotta choose just one...

Genesis - Selling England By The Pound

A Single Choice? Very hard. There are many great examples listed already, but mine would have to be "Leonard Cohen, Ten New Songs". Such a Strong Artist. Unbelievable voice. His Lyrics actually tell a story, and he takes care in how he tells it. Some may think it's dark, but the songs are truthful. 

An almost impossible task but I might go with Abbey Road. Very close

#2 Pink Floyd DSOTM